An enforceable Patent is the key to effective CoM & Mercialization/Out-Licensing of any technology. No matter how good a technology is, if the description of the technical subject matter is not enabling or fails to disclose all necessary embodiments, and in case the claims are narrowly drafted and do not gain support from the specification, the worth of the technology is insignificant.
We at M & M, understand and appreciate the due importance of a good patent specification and therefore have a dedicated team of patent drafters, who have, for Fortune 500 Corporates and leading global IP Law Firms, drafted numerous patents and improved their skills by deliberation with experienced and renounced patent drafters.
M & M offers quality and consistent patent preparation services for all its clients to help maximize their returns from the IP. IIPRD’s Clientele comprises of leading and growing patent law firms, corporates, individual practitioners, research institutions and inventors. IIPRD offers customized patent preparation services to best suit each client’s existing and best drafting strategies. Our patent drafting experts include technologists having advanced degrees and extensive experience across technology domains including Chemical, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics, Electrical, Software, and Mechanical. M & M, through its stringent confidential policies and practices, assures compliance to quality standards and complete confidentiality of client’s disclosure.
1. A Request for Examination must be filed within 48 months of the Priority Date or Filing Date, whichever is earlier. While the Request for Examination can be filed any time with this timeframe, the application shall be examined only after publication. (An Application shall ordinarily be published within one month from the date of expiry of 18 months from the Priority Date or Filing Date, whichever is earlier)
2. Form 3 must be filed within six months of any activity (Filing, Publication, Any Examination Report Receipt/Response etc.) of any application filed in other country/countries.
3. Working of invention statement, in Form 27, must be filed by every patentee and licensee in respect of every calendar year within three months of the end of each year. The form will contain information such as periodical statements as to the extent to which the patented invention has been coM & Mercially worked in India.
Patent Prosecution refers to a process of interaction between an applicant/representative and a patent office with respect to the patent. Patent prosecution process involves high level of negotiation with the patent office and therefore has high-impact value for the client. Manik Luthra (M & M) truly understands the inherent value of a patent and the role played by the prosecution process. M & M therefore undertakes preparation and analysis of responses for patent applications, discussions with the Examiner, preparations for and attending hearings before the Controller. The preparation of responses during the prosecution phase requires an in-depth analysis of the invention along with the prior arts taking into consideration the patentability criterions. The First Examination Report (FER) is issued ordinarily within 12 months of filing Request for Examination, provided the Application is published at the Indian Patent Journal. Our prosecution services include:
1. Drafting of Responses to Examination Reports.
2. Strategizing amendments and arguments for the patent application for maximizing impact.
3. Technical Analysis of Examination Report.
4. Technical Analysis of Cited Prior Arts.